Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Banana Bread

What do you know...more overripe bananas...hmmm, banana bread time. I made this yesterday and when I got back from picking up my husband at the airport it was gone!! I didn't even get a try. Fortunately I did get a couple of the banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins this week!!


Banana Bread


1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine butter and sugar in mixing bowl.


Cream together.

Add first egg and beat until smooth.

Add second egg and beat until smooth.


Add mashed bananas and blend in.


In second bowl, stir in flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Add dry mixture to liquid mixtures.


Stir just to combine.

Transfer batter to greased loaf pan.







Bake at 300 degrees for one hour. Insert toothpick comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the finished product - and like I said when I got home last night there were only crumbs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment